6.12.2009

Nothing As It Seems

I just got back from yet another trip downtown for yet another ultrasound.   My ovaries are so freakin' huge.  They hurt now.  It sucks. 

The good news is that I've now got seven follicles on the right side and six on the left, Thirteen! Much better odds.  Even my nurse expressed how pleased she was with the increase in number.  And my uterus is looking great - a perfect state for transferring embryos.  If only that's what we were doing.  But it bodes well for a successful transfer once we're ready for that, if we're ever ready for that.  Have I mentioned how much a really really really want to get pregnant, like myself, without having to use a surrogate? Well, I do.  And this whole process has only increased that desire.  Now, I just have to talk BF into having more than one kid, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.   

The crappy news? While the number has gone up, the size is still only creeping up and they're not ready for the retrieval that we had anticipated would happen on Sunday.  So now it becomes a day-to-day thing.  I have a 20mg syringe of Lupron sitting in my fridge waiting for the word to go ahead and trigger, but until that comes it's Gonal-F, ganirelix, Menopur, and Lovenox along with daily blood work and ultrasounds.  I forgot to mention the Menopur!  I got a call from my nurse yesterday afternoon, around two, telling me that I had to go back down to the office to pick up a new drug, Menopur, which will help to elevate my LH level and produce better quality eggs.  At the time I was at the local hospital waiting to get an x-ray on my foot to evaluate for a possible broken toe (I don't know what I did, but it hurts like hell and is nice and purple) after which we were going to an appointment for BF to be evaluated for eye surgery to correct his nearsightedness.  We had to rush to drive all the way back to University City and then back past our house to King of Prussia.  We did it, getting to the eye doctor's office just five minutes late for his four o'clock appointment.  

So that's my current insane situation.  I'm going to go try to take a nap before my math test this afternoon.  Then, we're going to see Eddie Vedder tonight!  I'm so excited, it's going to be lots of fun!  But now, I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment