6.18.2009

Bloaty

Well, I feel like crap.  A whole different kind of crap today than yesterday or last week.  My belly is huge.  It feels like it's been inflated like a balloon.  They warned me that this could happen.  Apparently after they empty out the ovarian follicles, they fill back up with fluid and blood.  There's also a fair amount of cramping involved.  Sucks.  

Anyway, I got a call this afternoon and six of the sixteen embryos were successfully fertilized and frozen today.  One more did get fertilized, but two sperm got in and that's just twenty-three too many chromosomes for a viable little embryo to have, so it was a no-go.  

I'm going in on Monday to talk to Dr. G. about removing an ovary for cryopreservation.  And that's it.  No more fertility drugs.  No more waiting.  Until the transplant is over, I don't need to spend any more time worrying about procreation.  Thank freaking god.  I'm sick of it.  It's going to be so nice to stop worrying about this and start worrying about...shit...chemo.  

Well it never stops, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment