6.15.2009

Forty Sticks in Fifteen Days...

But I'm Done!

Not really.  I get to take Lovenox twice more before the retrieval Wednesday morning and BF gets to give me my Novarel trigger in an hour and a half, but that's pretty damn close to done.  I've never been so happy to be through with something in my whole life.  Those things didn't hurt Day One, but Jesus Christ!  By last night I was hesitating to pierce my skin because they hurt so bad.  Also, every single little puncture wound bleeds for what feels like forever now because of the injectable anticoagulant.  I made the mistake of wearing a light yellow shirt on Saturday and ended up scrubbing a dozen little blood stains (and a couple big ones) off of it with a toothbrush in the bathroom sink (shirt is now perfect and stain removal is strangely gratifying).   

Okay, that's it for now.  Just had to show someone my poor bruised belly.  Not as bad as it could've been judging by that first stick, but generally aggravating.  I wish that was the worst of it, but I couldn't work up the nerve to ask the ultrasound tech for a picture of my humongous ovaries for my blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment