4.18.2009

A Roll Call of Sorts

Okay, I know, four posts in one day is a bit much, but this one will be quick.

First, I see that I've got a few more readers coming by these days. Good stuff, but none of you are commenting. So, how about de-lurking for a purpose?

I'm trying to amass a reading list for my upcoming confinement. My profile should give you a general sense of my taste in books - not very literary, mostly sci-fi/fantasy/horror or just weird. I also like historical fiction and light non-fiction.

I'd love to hear whose visiting along with any book suggestions or any other suggestions on what I might want to take with me. So far I want to bring a sleep mask, dvd player, movies, iPod, notecards, some board games, video games, beading stuff...and that's about it. I'm going to be in-patient for a month and I want it to be as homey as possible, but I'm not sure what else to bring, so your suggestions are welcome.

And, of course, if you don't happen to have a suggestion, no sweat, but I still would like to know who you are and where you're from!

Alright, I'm looking forward to hearing from you all!

1 comment:

  1. Grrrr, I just wrote you a nice comment and it didn't post!!! I'll try it again!!

    I am not sure these 2 suggestions would be up your alley, but I really loved these books! The first one is My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult. I am starting to become a big fan of hers, because her books are about topics that are rather controversial. My Sister's Keeper is the first book I ever read of Picoult's, and it's one of the very few books that made me cry at the end with shock. That doesn't happen very often when I read a book!!

    The 2nd suggestion is the book I just finished last night, called Q&A, by Vikas Swarup. This is the book that inspired the movie, Slumdog Millionaire. Although this is a fiction book, I learned quite a lot about living poor in India. It was interesting! I don't know, I think you might like it!

    If I have any other suggestions, I will let you know!! :)

    ReplyDelete