5.05.2008

Parties, Babies, Vacations, Oh My!

Wow, it's been a while.

Lots of developments missed...I haven't been feeling very motivated to do anything for the last couple of months.

I had to end my student teaching in early March. I had a couple days there where I couldn't walk and it just wasn't possible for me to come in under their maximum number of allowable absences. So I won't be getting certified. So I can't teach in public schools, or anywhere else that requires it, but I'll still have a B.S.Ed. in Secondary Education, so I can get a private school or tutoring job. Right now I'm applying for online teaching positions. It sounds like the perfect job for me; I wouldn't need certification, I could work from home, the little man could stay home from daycare with me two days a week, which would save us tons of cash and be really nice for both of us. We pulled him out of daycare last week, before our nice little tropical vacation.

Yes, I actually left the country for the first time. We went to a nice all inclusive in the Dominican Republic. Lots of rum, lots of food, great weather. It was really nice and by the end of our eight-day stay, I was totally longing for Philadelphia International again. I missed my city.

It was the little man's third birthday right before we left. We had a very fun Spongebob Squarepants birthday party at a nearby park with my parents, the little man's grandma, my step-mom (now five months pregnant! more on that later), my brother, his girlfriend, assorted step-siblings...It was really fun. Then he spent a couple days with his mom and had a nice little vacation of his own staying with BF's mom while we were away. He even got a brand new big wheel, which he hasn't stopped talking about.

So yeah, after twenty years of just having one brother, I'm getting a new baby brother or sister in September. It's pretty amazing. The good kind of amazing. Little weird too. My dad's getting very close to fifty, though my step-mom is only in her mid thirties. It's going to make our already-huge family even more massive. There will be seven kids between them! and we're not even Catholic! :) They bought a great new house with a ton more space than they've got now (my step-mom and her kids have been in a 3 br tiny townhouse since her divorce and that's where they're living now; too many people, too little space). So they're moving in soon and all is looking up on that front. I can't wait to have a new baby around and we're all really hoping for a little girl.

So things are good on the whole. I'm graduating on the 22nd, my mom's throwing me a big graduation celebration the following weekend, I have my first job interview for a real online teaching job on the 20th. So it should be an exciting month. Then next month I'm going to go see both Ani DiFranco and Pearl Jam, my two absolute favorite artists. So yeah, lots going on.

Oh and I scored in the top 15% of all time on my Praxis exams that test social studies subject knowledge and I was accepted to UConn's online master's degree program. So besides my health being total shit right now, which is another post altogether, life is very very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment